Cookies Statement – Waterford City Local Employment Services (WCLES)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent by a website’s server to the browser on your computer or mobile device. Cookies help us to recognise and remember your device when you visit our websites and enable us to retrieve among other things, your user settings and preferences.
- For the operation of our website and Services
- To improve your user experience. By remembering your preferences and settings we can make it easier and faster to navigate through our website
- To simplify any sign-in procedures
- To log your use of our website and services so that we can understand which content you find useful or interesting
- To ensure content from our site and mobile applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- To provide social media features such as liking and sharing our content and to facilitate registration using your social media account.
What type of cookies do we use and why do we use them?
We use different types of cookies to run our website and Services including:
Strictly necessary cookies
Analytical cookies help us to understand how visitors gain access to or read our content and interact with our Services. We collect statistical information about our visitors, such as whether they have visited the site before and the pages they view. We use these cookies to determine the kind of content and services our visitors value most, which in turn helps us to improve our website and its content. By understanding which content you find useful or interesting, we can recommend more content that you might like, as well as continuing to produce the most valuable content to meet your needs. Analytical cookies are set by Google Analytics.
Use of Google Analytics
WCLES use Google analytics to provide us with information on traffic on our website. Google analytics will collect information from you this information may include the following:
- Type of web browser used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Network location and IP address
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
The above information will be collected by Google and may be stored on databases located outside of Ireland. The above information does not include any personally identifiable information. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you have the option to manage your cookie preferences.
Some of the cookies set on our website are served by third parties and not directly related to Waterford City Local Employment Service.
If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our Services allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behaviour to the personal data held on your social media site. Third-party cookies are used to facilitate this.
When using our services we may embed content from third-parties. For example, we may embed video, audio, tweets and other content in our articles and pages. These third parties may set their own cookies on your device. We do not control which cookies are set by third parties or how the cookie information is used. This cookie information can only be accessed by the third-party who set it.
These third parties have their own security, privacy and cookie policies. You are advised to review these separately. Learn more about third parties that may set cookies when you use this website.
Managing your cookie preferences
Cookies are meant to improve your user experience, but some users prefer to set restrictions on the types of cookies that can be stored on their device. Once you first log on to our site you have the option to manage your cookie preferences.
Alternatively, by modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to accept different types of cookies or to be notified when a cookie is set. It is also possible to configure your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings.
Please visit your browsers help page for more information. It is important to note it may affect your ability to use our services if you choose to restrict or disable cookies.
Read our Privacy Statement